Saturday, October 18, 2008

Black Shoestring Licorice



From time to time we hear news that leave us stunned.

In Sitges festival this year, has presented the film Blindness, adapted by Brazilian Fernando Meirelles of the novel by Jose Saramago " Blindness" .

I would love to comment on my amazement at the value of bringing Meirelles' Blindness "to the big screen (novel adaptation complicated ... I will not have too many details, best leeerse the book). You could also talk about what I was left stunned when I heard he was starring Julianne Moore (I honestly, I gave a more Portuguese side while reading the novel) ...

... but I fear that the reason for my confusion is another a bit more mundane. It seems that the film is full of controversy as the American Association for the Blind (" National Federation of the Blinds ") has decided to boycott the cruel treatment to the blind.

Failing to see the movie and by referencing the novels, I do not have to be so hard: "The Blindness" does not speak of the blind, but blindness (blindness and not use) as an excuse to make a reflection on society same. I encourage you to read (and go see the movie) to forjéis your own opinion.

If we were so picky, we would have lost many things, I imagine protests: 101 Dalmatians

by the Association of Furriers
Last Tango in Paris by butter manufacturers Guild
Casablanca by the Federation manufacturers of gas water

Can you think of any more?

0 comments:

Post a Comment